Chinatown Kuala Lumpur Nightlife
What To Do At Night In Chinatown Kuala Lumpur
Nightlife in Chinatown Kuala Lumpur is in a league of its own; it’s not about rows of clubs, pubs and bars offering music-and-alcohol-fuelled entertainment, but the extra colour that seems to grow more vibrant at night, lighting up Petaling Street and its surroundings. Chinatown’s Petaling Street night market serves as the area’s main attraction – even bigger and more happening than during the daytime – giving you a kind of nightlife that is quite different from what you may be used to.
Located just a two-minute stroll from the Pasar Seni LRT station, Chinatown Kuala Lumpur nightlife is mostly frequented by budget travellers staying in this part of KL, where a couple of watering holes can be found within walking distances from backpacker inns and inexpensive guesthouses. One of the most popular bars in the area is Reggae Bar Chinatown, a groovy and colourful bar that serves a satisfying selection of alcoholic beverages with reggae music being played on constant rotation.
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner
Other Nightlife in Chinatown
The Beatles Bar
Named after the iconic band from Liverpool, The Beatles Bar provides a totally relaxed chill-out space with songs from The Beatles and John Lennon playing in the background. Beers are pretty cheap here, but make sure you come early as the bar can get quite packed, especially on the weekends.
- Location: Along Jalan Hang Lekir, near the intersection of Jalan Hang Lekir & Jalan Tun H. S. Lee, right opposite Popular Bookstore (above an Interflora florist)
Reggae Bar Chinatown is exactly what it says it is: a groovy and colourful bar playing reggae music, with photos of Bob Marley and other legends of the genre on the walls. The only bar in the area, it is an ultra friendly place knee-deep in backpackers, set along Jalan Tun HS Lee.
Just down the road is the Reggae Bar Guesthouse, which explains some of its popularity with travellers. Ladies are given especially good prices on drinks. Bob Marley songs seem to be on constant rotation and the place is artfully decked out in red, yellow and green. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 02:00
- Location: Across the street from Popular Bookstore
- Address: 158, Ground Floor, Jalan Tun H. S. Lee
- Tel: +603 2026 7690
The Night Market
Noticeably livelier by night, Petaling Street Night Market needs no introduction to those familiar with the city. The shops and stalls here seems to multiply after dark, and the area becomes more vibrant with throngs of people visiting this area for food and/or bargains and stall owners vying for their attention. Soak in the atmosphere of this legendary night market as you trawl the rows of shops and stalls in what is deemed the mother of all night markets.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 18:00 - Late
- Location: Along Petaling Street and the intersecting road, Jalan Hang Lekir
Best Selling Hotels in Chinatown