Reggae Bar Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur
Reggae Bar Chinatown is exactly what it says it is: a groovy and colourful bar playing reggae music, with photos of Bob Marley and other legends of the genre on the walls. The only bar in the area, it is an ultra friendly place knee-deep in backpackers, set along Jalan Tun HS Lee.
Just down the road is the Reggae Bar Guesthouse, which explains some of its popularity with travellers. Ladies are given especially good prices on drinks. Bob Marley songs seem to be on constant rotation and the place is artfully decked out in red, yellow and green.
With a tagline ‘Love All, Feed All’ is it any wonder that the cuisine at Reggae Bar Chinatown is so popular? The menu consists of mostly western fare with salads, soups, steaks, fish and chips, pizzas, pastas and tapas all featured.
Reggae Bar Changkat
There are two branches of Reggae Bar: the first was established in Chinatown while the second set up shop along Changkat Bukit Bintang years later. They could not be more different, with Reggae Bar Chinatown attracting a young, backpacker crowd and offering cheap drinks, pool tables, Bob Marley hits and some R&B thrown in for good measure.
Reggae Bar Changkat is set at the other end of the spectrum with live music performances and a thoroughly upscale atmosphere. The club features red velvet baroque couches, red carpets, dim lighting and an exclusive atmosphere. Be sure to check out the cool neon-lit staircase that leads up to a more spacious lounge.
Reggae Bar Chinatown
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 02:00
- Location: Across the street from Popular Bookstore
- Address: 158, Ground Floor, Jalan Tun H. S. Lee
- Tel: +603 2026 7690
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner