Sky Bar is a glamorous cocktail lounge set on the 33rd floor of Traders Hotel KL. A local institution, this rooftop nightclub is quite possibly the coolest venue on KL’s nightlife scene – the place to see and be seen at. It is recommended not only for its good location and giddying views over the city, but also its excellent drinks.
Airy and sexy, the centrepiece at Sky Bar is a pool that is bordered by ‘cabanas’ (large sunken alcoves with chaise longues) on one side, and a bar area with sofas and woven rattan high tables and bar stools on the other.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
We recommend you grab a cabana to make the most of the full height windows and get the best views of KL city. The panorama from the bar area is no less impressive – a skylight overhead makes you feel like you are on top of the world, with KL’s famous twin towers clearly visible.
Sky Bar has no theme or overplayed concept, but this industrial-chic bar has definite character and feels like a secret club with a refined, sultry vibe to it.
A must-visit if you are planning on hitting the nightclubs in KL, resident DJs spin techno music at Sky Bar on select nights. On other nights tunes alternate from jazz, easy listening and soft rock to modern pop hits, but it plays discreetly in the background, allowing for easy conversation.
From Jalan Bukit Bintang Traders Hotel KL is approximately two km away and the easiest way to get here is to take a ten-minute taxi ride.
Sky Bar has good food – sure, it is mostly finger food, such as spice-crusted calamari and vegetable spring rolls, but these snacks come in generous portions. We recommend the tasty and stomach-filling buffalo inferno wings and crispy barbecue beef ribs.
Though there is a variety of wines, beers and spirits, the cocktails are the real stars here: we recommend the bar’s signature drinks such as the tangy-tasting Selangor Sling or the sweet and fruity passion fruit-based Mata D’ Or. The best night to visit is Monday and Tuesdays when Sky Bar has good deals during their Retro Happy Hour.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 01:00 Sunday – Thursday; 10:00 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: Level 33, Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur City Centre
- Tel: +603 2332 9911