Pahang Elephant Sanctuary Tour
Tours Beyond Kuala Lumpur
The Elephant Sanctuary Tour takes you on a drive through the scenic Malaysian countryside to visit the Kuala Gandah Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary. This conservation centre is the base of operations of the Department Of Wildlife And National Parks Elephant Relocation Team, which assists in the capture and relocation of rogue elephants from across Southeast Asia. Along the way, take in the sight of kampungs that are scattered in abundance here and also see the stalls lining the roadside selling local fruits and delicacies.
Once you reach the sanctuary you will learn how the Department of Wildlife & National Parks, Malaysia, continuously manages the conservation of the elephants and its habitats; first you are shown a video of the elephant’s troubles, then watch and join in while handlers feed them fruit. This half-day tour ends in the afternoon and on the way back to the city you can enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown