Kuala Selangor Kampung & Firefly Watching
Tours Beyond Kuala Lumpur
The Kuala Selangor Nature & Firefly Tour takes you to see one of Kuala Selangor’s best-known attractions – fireflies. Locally known as ‘kelip-kelip’ these incandescent bugs are a truly beautiful sight as they glow and light up the skies of the Firefly Park in the Kuala Selangor Nature Park. This wildlife sanctuary consists of forests, wetlands and mangrove swamps, and it’s the best place to catch sight of these luminescent bugs in the small and peaceful rural town near Kuala Selangor. Built along the coast, many villages scattered around Kuala Selangor depend on fishing and farming to sustain their livelihood and this tour will let you observe their lifestyle firsthand as they fish, tap rubber and pluck palm oil fruits.
The tour kicks off with a visit to the remains of a fort on Bukit Melawati before heading to the protected Taman Alam mangrove swamp, an ideal spot for bird-watching and witnessing swamp creatures. At night, enjoy a delicious seafood dinner – a Kuala Selangor speciality – and afterwards, take a boat ride down the Kuala Selangor River to watch fire flies twinkling among the mangroves that line the banks of the river.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown