The Firefly Watching & Kuala Selangor Kampung Tour takes visitors to a wildlife sanctuary in Kuala Selangor, a traditional fishing village about a two-hour drive from Kuala Lumpur city centre. One of the most popular activities you can enjoy during this excursion is cruising along a mangrove swamp and watching the fireflies, but you also have a chance to spot silvered leaf monkeys as well as resident and migratory birds.
This daytrip begins with a pickup from your hotel in Kuala Lumpur, and you’ll be chauffeured in a fully air-conditioned vehicle to the quaint village of Kuala Selangor. Fort Altingsburg, built by the second sultan of Selangor in the 18th century, can be found here.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Kuala Selangor Nature Park
At the foot of the fort is the Kuala Selangor Nature Park, which comprises secondary forests, wetlands, inter-tidal mudflats and mangrove swamps. In the middle of the park stands a large aviary housing endangered milky storks, as well as a manmade wading lake which provides an ideal roosting and feeding site for resident and migratory birds from as far away as Siberia.
After the sun sets, your trip continues with a boat ride along the mangrove swamps to catch sight of thousands of luminescent fireflies. Built along the coast, many villages scattered around Kuala Selangor depend on fishing and farming to sustain their livelihood and this tour will let you observe their lifestyle first-hand as they fish, tap rubber and pluck palm oil fruits.
After a filling dinner of freshly-caught seafood at a local restaurant, the night tour ends with a return trip to Kuala Lumpur. The Firefly Watching & Kuala Selangor Kampung Tour is available daily, with tickets priced at RM205 for adults and RM105 for children between the ages of 3 and 12.
Fireflies Tour Photo Gallery
Firefly Watching & Kuala Selangor Kampung Tour
- Opening Hours: Daily 15:30 – 23:30
- Location: Kuala Selangor
- Price Range: RM205 for adults, RM105 for children (3-12 years old)
- Tour Available: Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner