Small-Group Tastes of Ramadan Food Tour
Food & Drink
Witness how this vibrant city changes over the month of Ramadan during a gastronomic walking tour around its multicultural districts after sunset. Explore bustling night markets and significant cultural and religious sights as you gain tasty insight into the flavors of life in Kuala Lumpur.
Come hungry—your tour begins in a traditional Malay night market, where you can sample delicacies such as the vegetarian rice dish nasi kerabu, spicy curries, and bubar pisang, a sweet banana pudding. Continue your stroll through the stalls—arguably at their liveliest during Ramadan, these bazaars come to vibrant life after the sun sets with local worshippers ready to eat after the day’s fasting.
Observe one the oldest mosques in the city, Masjid Jamek. Admire the grand domes and sense its enhanced significance during this particularly holy time for practitioners of Islam. Nearby, the local Indian community provides more opportunities for sampling flavorful Indo-Malay cookery.
Cross Merdeka Square—this large green space is surrounding by towering skyscrapers and examples of colonial and Islamic buildings. Colorful Chinatown is your final destination, where a last round of aromatic tastings leaves your hunger satisfied and your cultural interests piqued.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown